These delicious gluten free recipes by Chef Sebastian are perfect for Mothers Day! Easy to whip up and is absolutely tasty!
Mediterranean Veggie and Bacon Slice
- 150g YesYouCan Self Raising Flour
- 100g red onion medium diced
- 120g mixed carrots sliced (Dutch variety)
- 150g capsicum mixed all diced
- 6 eggs 60gm size free range
- 50g baby spinach leaves, shredded finely or purple Kale
- 200 gm short cut rindless bacon, chopped finely
- 180g grated cheddar cheese
- 60ml YesYouCan Chia Oil
- 10gm smoked lavasalt
- 10gm bush lemon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 170°C fan forced.
- Grease a 20cm x 30cm baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix all prepared vegetables in a large mixing bowl
- Whisk the eggs and YesYouCan Self Raising Flour in another large bowl until combined.
- Season with smoked lavasalt and bush lemon pepper.
- Add all the vegetables, bacon, cheese and YesYouCan Chia Oil into the bowl with eggs and flour and mix well
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until set.
- Cool in the dish and cut into 12 pieces with a sharp knife.
Seeded Crackers Recipe
- 20 ml YesYouCan Chia Oil
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds (black and white mixed if preferred)
- 1 tsp smoked lavasalt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbsp beetroot powder
- 1 tbsp smoked lavasalt
- 1 tsp bush lemon pepper
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Mix all ingredients together and leave for 10-15 minutes for the seeds to soak up the water.
- Mix well , then split the mixture over two lined baking trays and spread thinly. The ideal thickness is about 3-4mm.
- Bake for 35 – 40mins (rotate the trays around halfway through), or until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle the YesYouCan Chia Oil and allow to cool, then break into irregular shards and serve with any dip of your choice
Cacao and Macadamia Protein Shake Mix
- 160ml rice milk or any plant based milk
- 1 banana
- 40ml espresso
- 3 tbsp YesYouCan Cacao and Macadamia Protein Shake Mix
- 50gm chocolate for garnish
- Blend and serve
- Garnish with grated chocolate and banana slices