This makes 6 serves
For the fondant
- 100g YesYouCan Chocolate and Orange Zest Cake Mix
- 200g dark chocolate bittersweet 70%
- 200g unsalted butter
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 15gm castor sugar*
Preparing the mould
- You will need a ramekin with a 2-3 inch base and a or a cake ring of 4
- Grease the mould with canola oil spray or butter. Using a non stick mould would be ideal, however if not, line the mould on all sides with parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 180-degree Celsius convection oven
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate together over a double boiler till it is completely smooth
(To make a double boiler)
- Place a saucepan full of water on the stove. When the water starts simmering, place your bowl of chocolate and butter over this making sure the heat is not too high)
- When the butter and chocolate mixture has cooled down to room temperature, add your eggs and egg yolks, then whisk till they're combined.
- Add your sugar and sift in your orange chocolate mix flour to avoid lumps. Fold this gently with a spatula to keep the batter light and airy.
- Pour the batter into your moulds and leave in fridge for 30 mins and bake at 180 degree Celsius for close to 10 minutes. Every oven will slightly vary so try what suits your oven
- When the surface is smooth and looks set the fondant is ready, this would still be wobbly on the centre. That’s the lava we are looking for.
- Serve straight out of the oven with some vanilla ice cream!
* You can substitute caster sugar with 20gm of Erythritol or 15gm Natvia or any other plant-based sugar of your choice. Please follow the correct conversion ratios to get the desired effect