THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL NEED
RECTANGLE TRAY- 9(W) BY 12(L) INCHES
THIS MAKES 12 SQUARE SLICES
Ingredients for Banana Cake
- 450gm YesYouCan Banana Bread Mix
- 80gm margarine/unsalted butter
- 200gm Bananas ( medium)
- 150gm Eggs or Vegan Egg Replacer
- 80 ml vegetable Oil
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Peel and mash bananas with a fork. Soften butter.
- Combine Banana Bread Mix, bananas, 80g butter, 80g oil and eggs in a bowl. Mix with a whisk until well combined. Keep aside.
- Prepare Caramel top
Ingredients for the Caramel Top
- 150 gm Castor sugar
- 150 gm margarine/unsalted butter
- Salt ( to taste)
- 2 whole Bananas
- Melt sugar in a pan until light golden, add butter while stirring continuously to make a smooth caramel.
- Pour the hot caramel on the baking tray.
- Slice bananas into halves ( horizontally) arrange bananas on the caramel top.
- Pour the prepared banana bread mix on top of the arranged bananas.
- Flatten the batter with a spatula.
- Bake at 160C for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool slightly and flip the cake on a platter, allow it to cool completely.
Ingredients Toffee Buttercream Frosting Salted Caramel ( homemade)
- 60 gm Castor sugar
- 35 gm margarine/unsalted butter
- Salt ( to taste)
- 50 gm cream Frosting (or vegetable cream)
- 150 gm softened butter/margarine 100 gm condensed milk
- Salted caramel - to taste
- Melt sugar in a pan until light golden, add butter while stirring continuously. Once butter has melted into the sugar, add cream while stirring. Cook until smooth and creamy consistency. Add salt to taste. Let the caramel sauce cool completely.
- Cream butter/margarine to pale and fluffy texture. Fold in the condensed milk gently. Finally add in the salted caramel and mix well.
- Transfer frosting in a piping bag and keep aside.
ASSEMBLY - TOFFEE BANOFFEE SLICE
- Cut equal squares of the cooled caramel top banana cake Frost the top with Toffee buttercream frosting
- Placed sliced bananas on top of each slice.
- Drizzle with Salted Caramel sauce. Enjoy this delicious treat!