Makes an 8-inch cheesecake
- 50g YesYouCan Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- 460g cream cheese
- 150g castor sugar
- 3 eggs
- 240ml thickened cream
- Zest of 4 whole lemons
- Pre heat your oven to 200 degree Celsius
- Cream together the cream cheese and sugar till they form a smooth mixture
- Add the eggs and whisk the mixture till its light and fluffy
- To this, add the thickened cream and lemon zest. Whisk this and then fold in the sifted vanilla cake mix. Avoid over beating since this can cause the cream to split.
- Cut out parchment paper to a square bigger than your cheesecake tin and scrunch it into a ball. Oil the tin lightly and place the parchment paper on this. Open up the crunched parchment paper and place it in the tin. Pour in your batter and place it on the middle rack of the oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until the surface turns dark brown, almost like it is burning.
- Allow this to cool completely in the tin. Once it has cooled, transfer to the refrigerator and eat it cold!
YesYouCan Vanilla Cupcake Mix