- 110g YesYouCan Plain Flour
- 55g cold unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 tbsp cold water
- 1⁄2 of a large egg (60g)
- 15g icing sugar
- 3⁄4 cup Lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup Sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Corn flour
- 2 tsp lemon rind
- 60g Butter
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cream of tartar
- In a bowl, combine the YesYouCan Plain Flour, icing sugar and butter till they form a sandy texture. Make sure the butter is cold to avoid clumps.
- Once the mix has reached the desired consistency, add the egg as well as the cold water and combine to form a soft and smooth dough. Cling wrap and place it in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Roll out the refrigerated dough between two baking papers to a thickness of 3-4mm.
- Place the dough into the line square tin and bake it at 180°C for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a saucepan, combine all the ingredients except butter and stir continuously over medium heat to prevent the eggs from scrambling.
- Cook the mixture for 3-5 minutes or until the mixture is thickened and coats the back of the spoon.
- Add in the butter and stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture into a container, cover it with a cling wrap to prevent skin from forming on the surface, and refrigerate for 1 hour or until cold.
- In a bowl, combine egg whites and cream of tartar and beat the mixture for 2-3 minutes until bubbles form.
- Add the sugar in 3 additions and whip for 5 minutes to stiff peaks.
- Spread the lemon curd evenly onto the pastry.
- Slice into 3x9 squares.
- Pipe meringue onto the slices using any piping nozzle you like.
- Torch the meringue until it turns slightly golden brown.