- 1 cup (170gm) YesYouCan polenta
- 4 cups water (or stock)
- salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil or butter (optional)
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 cup (125gm) finely grated parmesan
- 500gm sliced mixed mushrooms cut into large pieces
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 3 garlic cloves (smashed)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- salt & ground pepper
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced oven). Combine mushrooms, thyme, and garlic on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil. Toss to coat mushrooms, then spread out evenly. Roast ontop rack for approx 25–30 mins.
- Bring 4 cups water to a simmer in a large saucepan. Add butter (or margarine) and a pinch of salt and whisk to melt butter. Gradually add polenta, whisking constantly.
- Turn up oven heat to 240°C and continue to cook mushrooms for approx. 5 mins.
- Whisk polenta vigorously, scraping bottom of pan, until polenta is smooth and thick.
- Gradually add parmesan, whisking constantly until melted and incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and keep warm.
- Remove mushrooms from oven and drizzle with vinegar and let cool
- Serve polenta and top with mushrooms mix