- 1kg YesYouCan Pizza and Focaccia Bread Mix
- 20g instant dry yeast
- 160ml lukewarm water
- 160ml oil
- 4 medium egg
- Preheat oven to 180 C (fan forced) or 200 C (conventional oven).
- Oil pizza pan or cover it with baking paper.
- In a bowl, combine 40ml of lukewarm water and 10g instant dry yeast. Let the mixture rest for 2 minutes
- Add to the mixture: the YesYouCan Pizza and Focaccia Bread Mix, the remaining lukewarm water, 160ml oil and 4 eggs. With a mixer, using the bread hook attachment, mix on slow speed until it forms a dough.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes (cover the bowl with a tea towel to keep it warm for proofing).
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray lightly with canola oil
- Once the dough has risen, lightly sprinkle a work surface with the YesYouCan pizza and focaccia flour. Divide the dough into 12 sections, and then into 4" X 1/2" length ropes.
- Lightly flour your hands then stretch and roll the ropes into 5" lengths.
- Twist the dough into a knot, tucking the ends under it and into a ball about the size of a ping pong ball.
- Place the knot onto the baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the dough. Cover lightly and set the dough aside to rise for 15 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese on top very lightly
- Preheat the oven to 220 C . Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- While the knots are baking, melt the butter and olive oil a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and oregano, cook and stir for 30 seconds then remove from the heat. Do not simmer the garlic. Toss the hot baked knots in the oil and butter mixture, season with flakes of sea salt, and serve hot.