THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL NEED
THIS MAKES 12 CUPCAKES
Ingredients For the Cupcakes
- 470gm Vanilla cupcake mix
- 60gm margarine/unsalted butter
- 150gm margarine/unsalted butter ( for frosting) 160gm Water
- 100gm Eggs
- Assorted rainbow icing colors
- Preheat oven to 160°C (fan forced) or 180°C (conventional oven)
- Spray the cupcake tray with vegetable oil or place patty cases in the cupcake tray
- Add 2 eggs (or egg replacer), 60 g margarine (room temperature) and 160 ml water to a mixing bowl then add YesYouCan Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- Using an electric mixer, mix on slow speed for 1 minute, scrape down side of bowl. Scrape down sides of bowl. Mix on medium speed for 1 minute
- Pour batter into tray and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes*. *Cupcakes are baked if they bounce back when gently pressed at the peak
- Remove cupcakes from oven and place them onto wire rack to cool.
Ingredients for Vanilla & Rainbow Frosting
- 150gm Unsalted butter
- YesYouCan icing mix
Method for Vanilla Frosting
- Cream the 150g margarine (softened) in a small bowl using an electric mixer (on med-high speed) for 2 minutes until it is smooth and fluffy
- Reduce to slow speed and slowly add the icing mix. Scrape sides of bowl. Take half of the icing, using a knife or a piping bag, spread frosting evenly on cupcakes.
- Place sprinkles on cupcake for decoration.
- Choose any 5 rainbow colors.
- Divide the frosting into 5 bowls, add each color separately in the bowl and make frostings.
- Transfer all the colored frostings in a piping bag and frost the cupcakes.