THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL NEED -
7 INCH ROUND CAKE PAN
THIS MAKES 8- 12 SERVES
Ingredients for Brown butter Cake
- 240gm YesYouCan Vanilla Cupcake mix
- 160 gm margarine/unsalted butter
- 100gm eggs ( or vegan egg replacer)
- 100gm honey/ maple syrup
- 10gm milk/ oat milk
- orange & lemon zest
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Place the butter into a saucepan over medium low heat. Once the butter starts foaming, it will change colour and start smelling nutty. Lower the flame if the butter starts sizzling. Once the batter smells nutty and turns brown, take it off the heat and transfer it to another bowl. The butter can burn easily so watching over it would be ideal.
- Add the lemon and orange zest, then allow the butter to cool. Whisk in the egg till the mixture is light and fluffy.
- At this stage, add the honey and milk. Then fold in your sifted flour until you get the consistency of a cake batter.
- Bake this in a greased and parchment paper lined 6-inch tin for 20 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.
Ingredients for Frosting
- 30gm Butter/ margarine
- 60gm Cream Cheese
- 60gm YesYouCan Icing mix
- 10ml lemon juice
- 100gm Cream
- Cream together the butter and icing mix till combined. Add the cream cheese and whisk it again.
- To this mixture, add the cream and whisk till smooth. The lemon juice can be added at the end.
- Once the cake is done, allow it to cool completely before spreading the frosting over it and its ready to eat!