Ingredients for the Sponge
- 550gm YesYouCan Chocolate Mud Cake Mix
- 100ml Water
- 100gm eggs
- 100ml oil ( Grapeseed oil or vegetable oil)
- Preheat oven to 160°C (fan forced) or 180°C (conventional oven).
- Combine water, eggs, oil, add YesYouCan Chocolate Mud Cake Mix in a small mixing bowl.
- Fold mixture with a wooden spoon. Scrape down sides of bowl. Pour batter into the cooled cracker crust and bake for approximately 20 - 25 mins.
- The middle of the cake should be still soft. Let it completely cool. Refrigerate for 30 mins.
Ingredients for Sour Cream Frosting
- 125gm sour cream
- 90gm icing sugar
- 10gm vanilla paste
- 60gm butter (soft)
- Sift icing sugar.
- Mix butter and sugar until soft and creamy.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Fold in the sour cream delicately.
Ingredients for Cherry Compote
- 150gm tinned cherries (Pitted)
- 50ml water
- 20gm sugar
- 7gm cornflour
- 5gm almond extract
- 10ml Lime juice
- Combine cornstarch and water and stir to fully combine.
- In a medium heavy sauce pan, combine cherries, lemon juice, water/cornstarch, sugar; stir to fully combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and lower the heat to low, crushing the cherries, allowing it to lightly simmer for 5- 8 minutes; stir frequently, until compote is glossy.
- Add the almond extract and mix. Let it cool.
For the Assembly of the Pie
- Cut the cake into 3 equal layers
- Fill each layer with the sour cream frosting and cherry compote.