Makes 30 Tart Shells (110mm)
For the pastry:
- 1100g YesYouCan Plain Flour
- 550g cold unsalted butter
- ½ tbsp cold water
- ½ of a large egg
- 150g icing sugar
- Combine the plain flour, icing sugar and butter (cold) till they form a sandy texture.
- Add the eggs (yolk) as well as the cold water and combine to form a soft and smooth dough.
- Roll out the refrigerated dough between two baking papers to a thickness of 3-4mm. Cut out circles bigger than the upper face of your tart shell and press down the dough into the moulds, evenly.
- Using a fork, prick the base and sides of the entire dough without letting it tear and blind bake for 6 – 8 mins.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together over a double boiler.
- Bring mix to room temperature, add the egg yolks and sugar and coffee
- Pour into blind baked shells. Bake this for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown or until the filling sets completely.
- Take it out on a wire rack and allow it to cool completely.
- Best served warm with some fresh mascarpone.