Makes 5 loaf tins
- 1kg YesYouCan Plain Flour
- 220gm cocoa powder
- 500gm caster sugar
- 450gm brown sugar
- 2.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 2.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 900 ml vegetable oil
- 10 large eggs, room temperature
- 5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 600 ml buttermilk
- 600 ml hot water
- Preheat oven to 180 C fan-forced.
- Grease and line 5 X 8×4 inch (23 x10 cm X8cm) loaf tin with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add gluten free flour, cocoa powder, sugars, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk together.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla and buttermilk. Whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Start to fold together, then slowly pour in hot water, and continue to mix until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Transfer mixture into prepared loaf tin and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Leave for 10 minutes before gently removing cake from tin and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.