- 1 1/4 cups Sorghum Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 1/2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 peeled and sliced green apples
- In a deep pot, heat oil to 178C.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 1/4 cups sorghum flour, 1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum, 2 1/2 tbsp powdered sugar, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Stir in 2 eggs, 2/3 cup milk, 3 tbsp butter, and 1 tsp vanilla until combined.
- In another bowl, stir 3 peeled and sliced green apples with 1/2 cup sorghum syrup then add to batter.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough into the oil and brown on both sides for about 4 minutes.
- Remove with tongs and drain on paper towels.
- Drizzle with additional sorghum syrup, then dust with powdered sugar while still warm.