This delicious gluten free Mediterranean Veggie and Bacon Slice recipe by Chef Sebastian is perfect for Mothers Day! Easy to whip up and is absolutely tasty!
- 150g YesYouCan Self Raising Flour
- 100g red onion medium diced
- 120g mixed carrots sliced (Dutch variety)
- 150g capsicum mixed all diced
- 6 eggs 60gm size free range
- 50g baby spinach leaves, shredded finely or purple Kale
- 200 gm short cut rindless bacon, chopped finely
- 180g grated cheddar cheese
- 60ml YesYouCan Chia Oil
- 10gm smoked lavasalt
- 10gm bush lemon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 170°C fan forced.
- Grease a 20cm x 30cm baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix all prepared vegetables in a large mixing bowl
- Whisk the eggs and YesYouCan Self Raising Flour in another large bowl until combined.
- Season with smoked lavasalt and bush lemon pepper.
- Add all the vegetables, bacon, cheese and YesYouCan Chia Oil into the bowl with eggs and flour and mix well
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until set.
- Cool in the dish and cut into 12 pieces with a sharp knife.