Makes 2 pies (use 2X10CMdeep cake pan)
Ingredients For the Mud Pie Crust
- 150gm gluten free crackers
- 90 gm unsalted soft butter
- Crush biscuits, add the butter.
- Grease a round cake tin or spray with vegetable oil. Pour mixture
- Wrap the tin with aluminum foil. Bake for 10 minutes. Keep aside to cool.
Ingredients for Mud Cake Layer
- 550gm YesYouCan Chocolate Mud Cake Mix
- 100ml Water
- 100gm eggs
- 100ml oil ( Grapeseed oil or vegetable oil)
- Preheat oven to 160°C (fan forced) or 180°C (conventional oven).
- Combine water, eggs, oil, add YesYouCan Chocolate Mud Cake Mix in a small mixing bowl.
- Fold mixture with a wooden spoon. Scrape down sides of bowl. Pour batter into the cooled cracker crust and bake for approximately 20 - 25 mins.
- The middle of the cake should be still soft. Let it completely cool. Refrigerate for 30 mins.
Ingredients for Chocolate Custard
- 14gm Unsalted butter
- 55gm YesYouCan chocolate buttons
- 50gm castor sugar
- 14gm cocoa powder
- 240ml milk
- 40gm egg yolks
- 14gm cornstarch ( gluten free )
- 5gm salt
- Set the chocolate and butter in a bowl.
- Heat milk in a saucepan, whisk together the sugar, salt, cocoa powder, and corn-starch in the milk .
- While whisking continuously, add the egg yolks. Continue to cook the custard over medium heat, whisking. Once it thickens, pour it onto the chocolate and butter bowl.
- Whisk it together with the butter and chocolate until melted and well mixed
- Pour the custard over the cooled mud cake. Cover the custard with plastic wrap or wax paper, making sure to press it gently into the surface of the custard.
- Chill until the custard has set completely.
For the Assembly of the Pie
- Top the chilled custard layer with some cream Chantilly.
- Dust with cocoa powder.