Makes 12 cupcakes
Ingredients for the Sponge mix:
- 450gm YesYouCan red velvet cupcake mix
- 60gm unsalted soft butter or margarine
- 100gm whole eggs
- 160ml water
- Preheat oven to 160°C (fan forced) or 180°C (conventional oven).
- Spray the tray with vegetable oil (if you have patty cases, place them in the tray).
- Add 2 eggs (or egg replacer), 60 g unsalted butter/margarine (room temperature) and water to small mixing bowl then add the red velvet cupcake mix.
- Using an electric mixer, mix on slow speed for 1 minute. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Mix on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Pour batter evenly into tray and bake for approx. 20 - 25 minute.
- Remove cupcakes from oven and place them onto wire rack to cool.
For the Pistachio Paste
- 120gm Pistachio kernels, whole
- 25gm sugar
- 90ml water
- Blanch pistachio, strain the water , keep aside. Remove skin.
- Blend the nuts ,in the mixer, add sugar and water until a smooth consistent paste.
- Use the strained water to make the paste and achieve consistency.
For the Pistachio cream cheese frosting
- 170gm Cream cheese
- 70gm Pistachio paste
- 30gm Butter or margarine
- 50gm Icing sugar
- Sift icing sugar. Whisk sugar and butter until creamy and smooth.
- Fold in the cream cheese delicately. Add pistachio paste.
- And mix until uniform.
- Transfer the frosting in a pipping bag, use desired nozzle and frost the cupcakes.
For the Nut Free Chantilly Frosting
- 150ml Fresh Cream
- YesYouCan Frosting Mix ( Use the full amount from the pack)
- Whisk the cream (softened) in a small bowl using an electric mixer (on med-high speed) for 2 minutes until it is smooth and fluffy.
- Reduce to slow speed and slowly add the frosting mix.
- Scrape sides of the bowl.
- Using a knife or piping bag spread frosting evenly on cupcakes.