- 275G YesYouCan Self Raising Flour
- 350ml plant based milk
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp low sodium baking soda
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat milk until lukewarm and add yeast and sugar. Mix until dissolved. Leave for 15 minutes until frothy.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together YesYouCan Self Raising Flour, baking soda, and salt. Add yeast mixture. Whisk until lump free and cover with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place for 90 minutes.
- After 90 minutes you will notice that the batter has thickened and will be slightly frothy. Add 2 tbsp of lukewarm water and stir. The consistency should be similar to a pancake.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a frying pan in medium heat. You can use egg rings to shape your crumpet. Don't overfill the rings to ensure the crumpets are cooked through. Leave for 5-7 minutes without touching or moving the rings.
- When bubbles have formed on the surface, remove rings and flip crumpet. Cook other side for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with margarine or jam. Enjoy!
Recipe inspired by Gluten Free Alice