It's easy to make Focaccia bread with YesYouCan Pizza & Focaccia Bread Mix. Top with olive oil, your favourite herbs, and bake!
YesYouCan Pizza & Focaccia Bread Mix
50ml lukewarm water
2 medium eggs or Vegan Egg Replacer
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180oC (fan forced) or 200oC (conventional oven) and oil a pizza pan or cover it with baking paper.
- In a bowl, combine 50ml of lukewarm water and 7g instant dry yeast. Let the mixture rest for 2 minutes. Add to the mixture: YesYouCan Pizza & Focaccia Bread Mix, 50ml lukewarm water, 60ml oil and 2 eggs. With an electric mixer, using the bread hook attachment, mix on slow speed until it forms a dough.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes (cover the bowl with a tea towel to keep it warm for proofing).
- In a small bowl, 2 tbsp olive oil, 3 cloves minced garlic, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1 tsp dried basil, 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes(optional) and 1/4 tsp sea salt.
- Form the ball into a focaccia shape stretching the dough onto the pan. Spread garlic herb oil over top of dough with pastry brush. Using finger, poke indents into dough, 1 inch apart.
- Bake bread 20-22 minutes or until golden brown, rotating pan after 10 minutes of baking.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving. Slice warm focaccia bread. Best served warm, right after baking.